General Course Information for Physics 184, Spring Term 1997
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
- Session I: 8:00 - 8:50 am, 118 PA
- Session II: 9:10 - 10:00 am, 118 PA
- 'Fundamentals of Physics' by Halliday, Resnick & Walker,
5th Edition, Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- There are numerous hours scheduled for student assistance at the Physics
Learning Center (PLC), where students can get individual attention. Help can
also be obtained through the Asynchronous Learning Network (ALN) on the
internet. Check the link on the previous page for First Class Software.
- There will be 11 homework assignemtns, which are due on Fridays at 12:00
noon. Students have the OPTION to use MSU' CAPA system on the
internet. Otherwise solutions are due at the beginning of the Friday Lecture.
- There will be several quizzes during lecture, three midterm exams (with
optional partial credit by corrections) and one final exam.
- The final grade will be based on the homework (30%), quizzes (10%),
midterms (30%), and the final exam (35%). 5% of the quizzes are bonus points.
Return to the PHY 184 homepage
Last Updated Jan. 08, 1997, nedavis