In this course you will perform a series of simple experiments illustrating several principles of mechanics. You should find these exercises helpful in illuminating topics covered in the lecture courses dealing with the same topics.
- Physics Laboratory for Scientists I
- Spring Semester
- 1 credit ( 0 hr lecture, 3 hr lab)
- PHY 181B or PHY 183 or PHY 183A or PHY 183B or PHY 193H or LBS 164 or concurrently
- Restrictions: Not open to students with credit in PHY 251.
However, the intent of the course is not simply to supplement the lectures. Its main objectives are to allow you to learn how to:
- make careful and critical measurements
- organize your observations in the form of a written report
- become familiar with instrumentation and to develop ``trouble shooting'' skills
- minimize and estimate the errors associated with measurements
- use a modern computer for data acquisition, analysis, and graphical presentation.
Courses Main Page
Physics and Astronomy Home Page
Updated: Monday, 1999-01-18 15:45:16 EST