Astronomy and Astrophysics Seminars - Fall 1997
MSU Astronomy and Astrophysics Seminars take place in Room 224 of the
Physics-Astronomy Building on the MSU Campus
on Fridays at 4:00 pm. Seminar chair for Fall 1997 is Suzanne Hawley,
Handicap accommodations may be requested by calling 353-4540 one day
prior to each seminar date to ensure sufficient time to make arrangements.
12 September 1997
- Speaker: Lamya Saleh, Michigan State University
Title: "Chemical Evolution Modeling of the Early Galaxy"
19 September 1997:
- Speaker: Bruna Grimberg and Sue Simkin, Michigan State University
Title: "The Effect of Nuclear Activity on the Disk of PKS349-27"
26 September 1997
- Speaker: Regner Trampedach, Aarhus University, Denmark
Title: "Near Surface Properties of Convection in Stars"
03 October 1997
- Speaker: Astronomy Faculty Members, Michigan State University
Title: "Faculty Show and Tell"
10 October 1997:
- Speaker: Thomas Zurbuchen, University of Michigan
Title: "Latest Ulysses Results and the Structure of the Solar Corona"
17 October 1997
- Speaker: Joseph Mohr, University of Michigan
Title: "The Galaxy Cluster Size-Temperature Relation: Observation and Simulation"
24 October 1997
- Speaker: Bill Abbett, Michigan State University
Title: "Particle Beams, X-rays and H-alpha: Solar Flares or Star Trek"
31 October 1997
- Speaker: Bill Cochran, University of Texas
Title: "Making Sense out of Extra-Solar Planets"
7 November 1997
- Speaker: Don Terndrup, Ohio State University
Title: "Rotation and Mixing in Stars: Where do we go from here?"
14 November 1997
- Speaker: Don Garnett, University of Minnesota
Title: "Abundance Patterns in Spiral Galaxies"
21 November 1997
- Speaker: John Gizis, Caltech/University of Massachussetts
Title: "M-subdwarfs: The Lowest Mass Stars in the Halo"
5 December 1997
- Speaker: Kirk Korista, Western Michigan University
Title: "Quasars, the Birth of Galaxies"
Astronomy and Astrophysics Seminars - Fall 1997 page,
updated 1997.11.18 by Suzanne Hawley