ISP 205, Section 3, Spring 2004, Stein
Assignment for Wednesday, Jan 21
Astronomy Place for the course is now in operation. The course ID is
- Log onto AstronomyPlace at -
- Register to establish your login name and password.
If you do not have an access key, buy access online for $14.40.
- System Requirements - a Browser: Netscape, Explorer, Safari.
Plug-Ins: Shockwave Player 8, Flash Player 6.0, QuickTime 5.0, 6.0
or later. If you need to add the plug-ins, click on the Site
Requirements button which has links for free downloads of these
at the bottom of the page.
- Join a Class (our class ID is cm596550)
- Just below the top of the page buttons is a line with the chapter
numbers. Scroll to 2. Discovering the Universe for Yourself
- Click on Tutorials, select Phases of the Moon. On the new
web page click on Lesson 1 The cause of lunar phases.
- You will first get a page asking if you want to record your score.
The first time through click NO. After you are sure of the correct
answers, repeat the tutorial but click YES to record your score. Note:
To record your score, when you are finished you must exit by clicking
the Quit button (labeled Q) at the bottom right of your screen.
- Again click on the Lesson 1 The cause of lunar phases button.
The navigation buttons are on the ellipse at the bottom right of the
screen. The Right button is NEXT. The Left button is the BACK
Follow the directions in the tutorials and answer the questions.
Note: your answers to the questions inside a lesson are never recorded.
The lessons are a place for discovery and practice.
- Answer the questions in the Exercises. This is good practice for
the similar questions that will be asked on the exam.
- Repeat answering the Exercises and record your answers. To do this,
click on tutorials again, select Phases of the Moon, and this time when
you get a page asking if you want to record your score - click YES.
Then select the Exercises button at the top of the screen and answer
- When done click, on the QUIT button, labeled (Q) in the
lower right hand corner of the window. This is necessary to have your
score recorded to get credit for this assignment.
Visions of the Universe
Bob Stein's home page, email: