International Advisory Boards
- Review committee for Texas A&M University nuclear physics program, 1998, 2007.
- Conseil Scientifique et Technique du Service de Physique Nucléaire, Saclay, France, 2000-2003.
- External Scientific Advisory Council (ESAC) for the Gesellschaft für Schwerionenforschung (GSI), Germany, 2001-2002.
- Scientific Advisory Board, Frankfurt Institute for Advanced Studies (FIAS), Frankfurt, Germany, since 2006.
- Scottish Universities Physics Alliance, 2008.
- International Program Advisory Committee, Helmholtz International Center for FAIR, since 2009
- Editor, International Journal of Modern Physics E, 2010-2018
Expert Witness in Court Cases
- Expert testimony on traffic accidents.
- Expertise in: Kinematic accident reconstruction,
collision dynamics, Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM)
- Institute Fellow, Investor Analytics Institute, New York City.
- EQA Board of Advisors, EQA Partners
National Education & Outreach Activities
National Nuclear Physics Summer School (with Alex Brown)
Science Wall Chart (Chapter author for teacher
- Chair, APS - DNP Committee on Education and Outreach, 2000-03
- National Nuclear Science Outreach and Education Database
- 2009 National Nuclear Physics Summer School
(with Hendrik Schatz and Michael Thoennessen)
REU Program (Research Expereince for Undergraduates)
- REU co-PI 1992-2013
- NSF grants PHY-9200029 (with Mike Dubson),
PHY-9424149 (with Michael Thoennessen), PHY-9912212 (with
Dan Stump), PHY-0243709 (with Dan Stump), PHY-0754541 (with Dan Stump), PHY-1062410 (with Dan Stump)
- Michigan Science
Olympiad Event State Supervisor:
Advisory Board Member
- High School Honors Science Program summer mentor
- CHAMP+ Instuctor and Course Co-creator
Discussing nuclear physics with 4th-graders
presentation in St. Louis
with St. Louis Alumni Board
at Microsoft in Redmond, WA
with Portland, OR, Alumni Club